As a child I LOVED Easter! As and adult I’m stoked to finally have Easter at my house! Despite the fact that there are no kids in the family yet, I’m going all out this year!
I only did some mild decorating, to keep it classy, and cheap.
The first project I did was..umm..FREE! Easy and Fun! It’s a GREAT kids project too. I did it while watching Big Love on my couch one evening. The directions are HERE (including an Egg Patern) it’s a good idea to make them all the same, looks cuter. I picked mostly pastel colors, but you can do bright colors too. Definitely use Behr Paint Chips from The Home Depot as they are large enough to get two eggs from one chip without getting any text on the egg.
The only other decorating I did was these four wooden Eggs I found at Value Village (already Painted). They were $2.5 for the four of them, and I love them! Vegan friends of ours came over and I showed them these. They ended up buying wooden eggs at a craft store and painting them with their daughter (instead of dying real eggs, which obviously isn’t Vegan). I like how glossy these ones are.
Today I sat down and planned out my Easter Menu and Shopping List. I think I might need to get a Costco batch of Eggs..lol! The three things on the Menu are:
-Eggs ala Goldenrod
-Butterscotch Bird Nests
and probably Ham or Bacon from my mom’s Pig.
All I need now is a fun spring cocktail!
Two things that had left my life are now back! And I am happy to say that because of these two items I am down 3 lbs from saturday! Lets hope that brings me at least a 2lb loss at my weigh in this Saturday morning!
This is two eggs (but only one yolk per all of your great comments) on (what could be the best thing ever) an Oroweat Sandwich Thin! These are sooo delish! They almost taste like white bread, but they are packed full of goodness. They have been on the East Coast only for a while, but now they are on the west coast too! Go get some, you wont be sorry!
With Jillian in my head, how can I not workout?
Also in my BL high I hit up the real gym last night! I had given this u after I got my Wii Fit, but have decide in order to kick my ass into high gear that I will be going every night to the gym!
Ok just a big blabbering of topics, would love comments or advice on any of them:
1. Protein and Bringing Back Eggs: Now about a month and a half ago I gave up eggs. This was after reading Skinny Bitch and deciding that I need to go as close to Vegan as possible. Well since then the weight went downa good 10lbs, but now it is resting in a slump…boo. My big concern is Im not getting enough protein to help with err…digestion. I mean I eat fiber like its going out of business, but fiber has to have something to stick to (like protein) to work its magic. I tried the whole Greek Yogurt thing and just didnt like it (but please note I have creamy texture issues….do not make me eat pudding…gag) I dont do beans in the AM cause they take too long and that just seems odd. So Im thinking of bringing back the eggs, or egg whites, or Egg Beaters. Opinions on this? I need to do a little diet re vamp in hopes of shocking my body into dropping weight again.
2. Food Processors: I want one. A good-ish one. Easy to clean, under $75. Tell me what you know.
3. Wii Fit and Golds Gym for Wii: Im trying to do my Wii Fit more, trying to boost my working out in all ways. Mr. Gaunt bought me Golds Gym Cardio for Wii so far Im not in love, it seems to pretty much be only boxing with a little jump rope. Im gonna try it with Mr. Gaunt and see if he can figure it out for me. It does play Journey though when your working out so thats at least 5 cool points.
4. Underwear: I finally got new underwear! I bought a number of kinds, but my favorite are these cute ones from American Eagle 5 for $25! Woo hoo! I also got two new bras at Vicki’s. I heart new undies!
5. WORK WORK WORK: So they moved me BACK to the front end, so no more chickens, this is not because I said something, but becuase they are dumb and mixed things up. Although yesterday I got to be door greeater for 8 hours. My feet hurt. I interviewed last Thursday for Mr. Gaunts team and will hear in a week or so. Fingers crossed.
6. Crafts: I have my first craft fair coming up in October. I signed up back in May I think. I have since put my Etsy shop on vacation because I was focusing on all this stuff. The show is over the weekend and my work wont let me have it off, hopefully by then I will have a new job starting shortly and can just quit. I think I should start working on stuff again, get back into the whole crafting thing. We’ll see.