On September 12th I turned 25! Yippee! 25 to me feels like a nice grown up age, and I am happy to be here. And so in my old older age I would like to share 25 things I learned before turning 25:
1. Drama, as much fun as it seems at the time will never make you happy.
2. Relationships are a roller-coaster of hard work and smooth sailing.
3. You can always change your habits, it just takes desire.
4. Take care of the ones you love, and they will stay with you no matter how far away you are.
5. Forgiveness is for yourself, and no one else.
6. Treating your body good will reflect in all aspects of your life.
7. Men can change on their own, you just cant force them to do it.
8. Money will come and go, the stress it puts on you will stay much longer.
9. Behind every happy couple is an understanding of partnership. One that can not be broken.
10. Finding a happy medium between enjoying solitude and enjoying company is very difficult.
11. Nothing is a pressing as the one who’s pressing would like you to believe.
12. Family is a constant work in acceptance.
13. Opening up and sharing your insecurities makes others like you more, not less.
14. Everything in moderation.
15. Enjoy the seasons, they are one of the few constants in our lives and can always bring back memories we had forgotten.
16. You can say “I’ll never” as much as you want, it doesn’t mean its true.
17. It’s a comforting feeling to look back and realize your were a dumbass.
18. Prioritize happiness. Always.
19. If you can’t go to school, then you must let the world around you teach. Open your heart and mind to life’s lessons.
20. Reading lets your inner dialogue run wild. It’s good for the soul.
21. Find the little things to enjoy in the present. Waiting for the future is exhausting.
22. Find a partner who loves and respects you more every single day. It will bring such happiness.
23. Be the change you want to see in the world. And don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t help fix it.
24. Crying almost always makes me feel better.
25. Trust in yourself, trust in your friends, trust in your family.
I leave you with pictures from my birthday. Mr. Gaunt and I celebrate “Birthday week” the whole week before your birthday! It was the week before we got paid so we were a little broke. Mr. Gaunt still wanted to do something sweet every day so he staked out areas around town that had little public gardens and he cut me fresh flowers every day!
It was the Broncos first game of the season on my birthday so I put on some Broncos apparel and pretended to root for them…lol! I have decided (since I really don’t care) to be a Broncos Fan for Mr. Gaunt. We will also be raising our children as Broncos fans, despite the fact that we will be in Washington. Its something that makes him happy, so I am happy to do it.
For dinner we dressed up and went to Sushi Den with Jenny and Justin. So yummy! I even got my favorite Green Tea Ice Cream to blow out my candle!