Well In 9 1/2 hours I will have officially failed my first goal. I wanted to have lost 75 pounds by January 1st, we have failed. January 4th will put me at 8 months since I started this weight loss journey, 65lbs in 8 months. It should be more. I wish it was 80 lbs in 8 months, even 75 sounded superb. 65…meh…not what I would have liked.
The last two weeks were a struggle obviously with Christmas and what not. I did my absolute best to maintain (and I did) but losing was another story. When I made my 75lb goal I had three months to lose 25lbs, I lost about 20 of that. Thats not too bad, and congrats to me for losing twenty pounds over the Holidays! I’m just a little bummed that I’m not starting the new year where I wanted to. Not that this New Years isnt a million times better than last year, just not perfect.
Last year I was at least 65lbs heavier, and a hell of a lot unhappier. Last year I thought about making a weight loss resolution, but figured it was too silly and too much to take on. I figured it would be easier to just cut one unhealthy thing out of my life, and then maybe that would help me do more. Last years New Years Resolution was: To give up Pop/Soda. I succeeded! In the last year I bet I have had less than one cups worth of pop (I have probably had a sip or a splash in a cocktail). That is awesome because Pop is a totally WORTHLESS product and NO ONE should consume it! Drink water people! So its awesome that I made a plan and stuck to it! This years resolution is a little more complex. I have many goals and plans for the coming year that I decided to make a list.
GOALS and PLANS for 2010!
1. Hit 75lbs loss by January 16th (Im giving myself an additional 2 weeks to make this happen!)
2. Reveal my weight, measurements, size, etc once I hit 75lbs lost (this is scary stuff people)
3. Hit 80lbs lost by Valentines day! (For the Love of Skinny)
4. Hit 100lbs Lost by May 4th (my one year mark)
5. Cut and Dye my hair once I lose 100lbs! (It hasnt been cut since Fall of 2008)
6. Wear a size 9/10 (anytime this year is fine with me!)
7. Have a BMI of 24.9 or under! (I will have to weigh 160 or lower) some time this year.
8. Work out at least two days a week regularly.
Ok so thats about it for my BIG goals for 2010, Im sure Ill have smaller ones along the way. I also wanted to share Mr. Gaunt’s goals for 2010:
1. Be 245lbs (he is currently 252, thats 67lbs lost) by January 21st (three weeks)
2. Not eat at any fast food restaurant that serves Hamburgers (this leaves Subway, Chick-fil-a, Taco Bell, etc)
3. Be at 235 by May 4th.
4. Lose 100lbs by July 3rd (when we go to Washington on vacation)
Tonight we are going to our friends Jenny and Justin’s house to ring in the new year! Im going to wear a fun party dress, even though no one else will, because New Years is a time to celebrate! This is also the FOURTH New Years that I get to kiss Mr. Gaunt at midnight…sigh…I heart him.
Please share your New Years goals in the comments!